Well wishes to you as our local, national, and international community confronts this new and challenging outbreak of coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. We will work together – and we will make it through together!
To do our part for our health and safety and that of our neighbors, all residents of Lenox Place at Sunnyside are requested to strictly follow the City of Alexandria Health Department directions on social distancing, healthy living and business functions. Our Health Department defines social distancing as:
● Not congregating with other people
● Keeping at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others
● Staying home if you are sick and avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
The Alexandria Health Department defines good preventative hygiene to mean:
● Wash your hands often by rubbing them together with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
● If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
● Cough and sneeze into your elbow, not your hand. Alternatively, cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, and wash your hands
● Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We also ask everyone to be wonderful neighbors to one another, especially to people in need. Please take all official Health Department guidance seriously. The life you save by following public health guidance may be your neighbor’s or your own.
Official Coronavirus Resources:
City of Alexandria Health Department, https://www.alexandriava.gov/coronavirus
Virginia Department of Health, https://vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus
Federal Government, https://coronavirus.gov
The coronavirus outbreak also affects how our Lenox Place at Sunnyside community does its regular business. We share with you this information so you know what to do and expect. We welcome your advice and questions.
● Our next scheduled face-to-face Lenox Place HOA Board meeting Monday, March 30th, at Beverley Hills United Methodist Church, is cancelled in order to follow City of Alexandria Health Department guidance.
● The Lenox Place HOA Board President has called a Special Meeting of the HOA at the same time, Monday, March 30th, at 7:00 pm, via GoToMeeting virtual meeting technology. Members are invited to attend. You may join the meeting:
○ From your computer, tablet or smartphone, go to https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/128110109
○ By phone, dial +1 (872) 240-3311 and enter Access Code: 128-110-109 when prompted.
● Our property management company, Capitol, is now operating virtually, offering and coordinating usual community services via email, phone call and U.S. mail from remote workplaces. Further information about contacting property management is available at https://lenoxplace.org/contact.
Your Board takes this current situation seriously. We are all doing our best to look out for our wonderful community. Further updates will be posted on the Lenox Place at Sunnyside website, https://lenoxplace.org.
Your neighbors and Lenox Place at Sunnyside Board of Directors: Frank Purcell, President; Saide Ashaboglu, Vice President; Jonathan Greger, Treasurer; Jim Rorke, Secretary; and Robin Roberts, Member at-large